Griskelis Young Harrell (GYH) is an award-winning, Chicago-based design firm providing our clients with Architecture, Interior Design, and Planning services since 1986. We work in a broad range of markets including property repositioning, commercial office, education, retail, medical office, industrial, municipal, and financial services sectors. Our culture pursues professional excellence; endeavors to deliver substantial client service and value; and aspires to enrich the built world through thoughtful / meaningful design. For more information, please visit GYHarch.com.
We are seeking candidates to join our team, who are interested in securing or already possess their architectural license. Successful candidates will be integrated into a project team(s) for participation in and preparation of design renderings and presentation materials, schematic design, design development, construction drawings, and construction administration. Other duties will include, verifying and documenting existing site conditions, and product research, specification, and coordination.
Successful candidates will have 5-10 years of experience working in an architectural firm and will possess the following characteristics:
- Professional and/or Master of Architecture degree from an accredited College.
- Passionate about Architecture, dynamic, creative, meticulous.
- Collaborative teammate who leads by example.
- Well organized and able collaborate in a team environment and execute small projects of your own.
- Self-motivated with effective communication (verbal, written, 2D and 3D graphic) and presentation skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and realize designs and technical solutions through all project phases.
- Skilled and enthusiastic problem solver with a strong interest in most up to date construction technology.
- Highly proficient in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketch Up.
- Substantial experience in both design and construction documentation with Revit.
- Proven aptitude for organizing, detailing, and executing construction documents for ground-up construction and interior design.
- Experience in establishing Revit production standards.
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling and rendering in 3-D modeling software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Adobe InDesign desirable.
- Licensure preferred, will consider candidates (Interns) on the licensure track.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Work week is a hybrid between in-office collaboration and focused work from home. Compensation Commensurate with Demonstrated Experience and Ability.
Interested and Qualified Candidates please submit your CV and portfolio (including construction documents) in PDF format to the contact below.
Follow our social media feeds for the most up-to-date information if this situation changes: